General Radiographer is required for a number of current vacancies in the Waterford area.
• Being responsible for ensuring high standards of diagnostic imaging.
• Maintaining an up to date knowledge of technical, safety and where appropriate clinical developments in Radiography and promote awareness of new developments.
• Adhere to all departmental imaging protocols; be responsible for the correct identification of patient images.
• To provide a quality service for all our patients by ensuring that every patient is treated as an individual with courtesy, kindness, efficiency, efficacy and confidentiality.
• Adhere to professional guidelines as determined by the Irish Institute of Radiographers and Radiation Therapists.
• Monitor and adhere to relevant legislation, regulations and standards relevant to the use of ionising radiation
• Ensure that appropriate radiation protection is used and that the radiation dose is kept to a minimum consistent with the ALARA principle
• To be familiar with S.I.189 of 1988, S.I 43 of 1991 and S.I 125 of 2000. Council directive 96/29 Euratom Basic safety standards for the protection of health workers and the general public against the dangers arising from Ionising Radiation and Council directive 97/43 Euratom on the health protection of individuals against the dangers of ionising radiation in relation to medical exposure.
• To behave professionally within the standard and framework provided by the Irish Institute of Radiography (www.iirrt.ie)
• To maintain active registration with the Irish Institute of Radiography
• Demonstrate flexibility in response to service needs
• Attend & participate in team days and the development of radiography group sessions
• To maintain good working relationships with colleagues and with non-radiographic staff, both in the Radiology Department and elsewhere in the Clinics.
• To proactively advise management where there are any clinical concerns on a day to day basis and work with management to agree and implement a resolution
• To adhere to the Clinical Policies ensuring safe effective communication between radiographers & radiologists and radiographers & local clinical teams.
• To be aware of own limitations in terms of expertise and experience and ask for assistance or advice from more senior staff as needed.
• Understand and be responsible for local patient billing rules as required.
• Understand and comply with all policies and procedures.
• To report any equipment problems that occur on any given day in a timely manner.
• To maintain an adequate inventory of supplies to allow for an efficiently run x-ray service. To order supplies ongoing basis and ensure that stocks do not run out.
• Partake in routine clinical audits as required.
• To assist in the training and support of new staff
• To supervise students and adhere to the requirements of the student training policy
• Degree in Diagnostic Radiography
• Be a registered member of CORU (or evidence of being in the process of becoming registered)
• Qualification Validated by the Irish Institute of Radiography and Radiation Therapy
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Dynamic and highly motivated with the highest standards of clinical practice
• An ability to work independently
• Compliance with organisational policies, procedures and protocols, including Quality Assurance and Key Performance Indicators.
For further information regarding this radiography job and others, please contact our Radiographer Jobs Line on +353 1 539 7222 or email us at email@example.com.
Radiography Careers is a leading radiographer jobs recruitment firm and is a division of AGC Healthcare. Radiography Careers works in partnership with Ireland's top healthcare organisations and assists both Irish based and international radiographers seeking access the best available radiographer jobs and training opportunities in Ireland. Our radiography jobs and client organisations / hospitals are spread across the island of Ireland - we are confident that we can match your requirements around a new post or radiographer locum jobs to a location and organisation that meets all of your criteria. We also offer a comprehensive package of relocation supports if required and have a rewarding Referral Scheme to demonstrate our appreciation to radiographers that both find employment with us or refer a colleague to us. Our live vacancies include general, MRI, CT and PET CT, X-ray, DXA, OPG and Ultrasound Scans, including diagnostic, fertility and pregnancy ultrasound scans.